Thursday, May 20, 2010

Status: Graduated.

Hey, i know i'm a day late. but yes, i have finally graduated after 3 years of sweat and tears. this is gonna be a long post.. so.. yup.

i thought the graduation ceremony would have been a touching and sad one. but, i didn't feel a trace of sadness nor happiness. i felt that the ceremony was too commercialized. last time in secondary school, i guess it was more homely and hence, though i had alot less friends back then in broadrick than in sp, the atmosphere was sad. and who could ever forget the scene where mrs ang cried. but this time, it was big and grand. i sat beside 2 people whom i've never spoken to in my life before, and of course, made friends. but there were less feelings i guess. and i guess, wearing my contacts and makeup, i become a tad more .. superficial. and if u realise, the more superficial one is, the less feelings she has. plus, how can any graduation ceremony not have graduation song? i know it sounds corny, but i feel it should never be left out. maybe they could do less video playing and more corny graduation stuff. really. i tell u, theres a reason why these things have existed for centuries, because they are what people like. deep down. no matter how people say "wa lao eh, so cheesy".. deep down, it makes them happy, i tell you. but there wasn't any. in fact, it was after the graduation ceremony that made me more emotional. seeing my friends gather together, like tingfang and reggie... and my classmates.. were the best! we just kept laughing and talking rubbish and screaming and running around despite the really hot and humid weather... but its just like the good ol' times. it'll probably be the last time we'd be gathered together like that in a place. cus the usual la, outings will be attended by less and less people as the years go by... so, oh well. be happy that it happened, and not upset that it never happened. and after having been through 2 graduations, u know more or less that "keep in touch" and "friends forever" are just sugar coats. just like universal studio's perspective of the world. but anyhow, back on topic, it was nice. as i've said before, SP is the best thing that has ever happened to me. the best 3 years of my life. the most significant changes were there. i went from geek to being lazy. from having nothing to my name to being the editor of a yearbook (my baby. and im not trying to show off la.. but i did put in alot of tears and efforts. tears.. wow. i remembered the last night of editorial, it was a saturday and i was in school until 10pm, crying from all the stress augustine goh gave me. editting articles. crying like mad. lol!). from thinking that clubbing are for ah lians to clubbing is fucking fun. from always sensoring my vulgarities (F***) to freak to fuck. from being someone who needs to be approached to becoming someone who does the approaching. from being scared of lecturers to learning how to be their friends too. from having only a few friends to having quite a big circle of friends. from being the quietest in class (as in broadrick) to being the noisiest.. from being in dreamland and fantasies to learning what reality is. from being ignorant to believing that general knowledge is as important as academic knowledge. from wanting a stable life to wanting a vibrant life. from being sooo shy of boys to becoming more open and comfortable with them.. and even going on dates. i made the closest friends i have ever made. i've become more and more shopaholic. i've become more workaholic and starting to believe in earning my own keeps and not rely on my parents. i have learnt humility. i have learnt that no matter our statuses, we all are human. i've had lots of laughter. lots of anger. lots of tears. lots of heartbreaks. lots of jokes everyday. lots of nonsense. everyday we come up with something new to laugh upon. we complaint about having no seats in the foodcourts, but there were always the tinge of happiness that lines our complaints because we were all in this together. we groan when lectures had to be extended. we cheer when we're released early. we sleep in lectures together. we draw on each other's notes like young children. we laugh at lecturer's boring tones/ funny pronunciation (ceteris paribus, for example). those were the moments i missed and so much so much more. how i wished we videotaped every second of our campus life. there is just so much changes i went through. and now, it has ended. i know all these sounds like they are things you have done even before u went to secondary school. but to me, these were indeed the transformation that took place. i went into SP with dreams of becoming carrie from sex and the city. i leave SP with dreams to bring my experiences and knowledge round the globe and pile them all on it and see what the world brings. i entered SP with money in the highest priority of what i look for in the future. now, i slowly believe that money isn't everything. but of course, abit of spare cash would always do us good :)

SP was a nice warm house, with a roof over and has one of those cosy fireplace and when winter comes, you know you still have a roof over u to hide from the cold. that was the kind of fuzzy, safe feeling when i was in SP. but now, i've left this house. and i need to find another one that can give me the feeling that i am safe. and happy. its quite scary because frankly, although i know i'm going to do a bachelor in accounting and finance (which i regret signing up on impulse).. but what am i really going to be doing in life? most of us are 20 years old now. we have ended the decade when we were supposed to be having fun and being reckless so we can learn not to make mistakes during those times. now, we're in the "gonna get married, get a stable career, can start getting a mortgage and have a family anytime soon" era. i don't know. i never thought i'd be stepping into this period of time so soon. of course, i don't forsee myself being the one who's gonna get married and have a family kind. cus i've always been the .. carefree one? after being in the control of my parents for 2 decades, this will be the one where i can taste freedom. i don't think im going to be tied down even before seeing how far i can fly with this wings that have been tied down. i still wanna be the travel journalist i have dreamt of becoming. yes, that is another thing i've found out from these 3 years. my passion for writing. its sounds silly but i enjoy writing reports.. hahaha. x= and doing journalism work for yearbook. so i really don't know what or how to plan for my future. so, i'll do what the best advice ever thrown to me will tell me - just play by ear la! hahaha.

just a few more years, and our reunions would be filled with executives and mothers and fathers. wow. the transitions are scarily grown up. we are going to start becoming our parents. it is scary as you no longer can rely on your parents to help you. remember the times when you didn't wanna go for PE and ur mum just have to write a letter? if the PE teacher questions, she will complain to the principal? now? u have to be responsible for your actions. slowly no one can take your rep anymore unless you're one of those ruthless and scheming bitch who backstabs your friends. then again, you will not come to a good end. this graduation ceremony doesn't mark an end to our miseries as what most of our albums have been labelled but a start of one of the toughest roads ahead. you are now driving on a road where the road signs have been removed and the road is bumpy and dark ahead and you only have your car and its headlights to guide you down.. we're no longer on the safe highway where as long as you drive according to the rules, you'd be safe and reach your destination. anyway, life has no destination. there are stops along the way, but the rest of it is just a journey. well, enough said.. some pictures from the ceremony:


ITS DEDICATED TO US. :)

Mrs chong! see her hand behind my head! how cute! :) will miss her. though she has been fierce and strict, but i see her as motherly. hahaha. :)


Mr Teo, my guidance through the yearbook days!


pohpoh. cost accounting.. has never been funner! hahaha.

trademark: -asks someone to present tutorial in front of the class- "erm, can you please check your left and right." when we put the tutorial on the visualizer. hahaha!

me and mr goh! my stress master. lol! always pressing me to give him articles. and edit, edit, edit. forced me out of my comfort zone but i need to thank him for helping me in the process of making the yearbook possible.


my junior, yuanshen and my "sisters" Jolene and Adeline! always so cheerful and young! my juniors from when i was a facil for their freshmen orientation programme. our common topics: "ai". hahaha!


how can we not have toilet shots at the famous SB toilet? hahah! nice backdrop!

morgan and me. 7 years of friendship :) all the bimbo-ing and splurging and k-ing. hahah. who can forget the days we were so enthu about CMCC. LOL!

another one! Douglas teo. hahaha. 7 years! 2 graduations. somemore was 4 years of classmates? hahhaha. never change much la, still as cheeky as ever!

Evon! same course and gonna be schoolmates AGAIN at sim! hahahah. that makes it, 9 years in the same school! hahahhaha.



with martiantian, anita and ade.

me, caijing and ttengy. gonna miss randomly seeing them in lecture halls (Except tf, since we're gonna be classmates.. ahha) and talking random stuff!


i really love this pic of me and ttengy - my daughter. but apparently, i adopted her from the singapore river... she was an offspring of the merlion. lol!

me and ruizhen!

yangyang, hongming and me. the ever so pretty girls of our class. :)


lol! me and the three musketeers. hahahahahaha. forever full of nonsense and excuses to skip tutorials and cut the tutorials short! hahahah

me and seto. hahaha. nathan's friend whom i've hardly talked to.. but everytime we walk past, will raise eyebrows. LOL.

shuhuan, me and martin! gotta know through my favouritest module in the world, Global Business Environment!

martin, me and hendri! hendri is the pride of our cohort! very very nice and smart guy and he was the father of my child! hahaha. was for our GEMS, when we did a skit and i was supposed to play a pregnant mother who smokes and clubs. and he was the father of my child. lol! yup. my life in poly was "scandalous" ar! hahahaha

me and Ariel! hahahha. how funny things go in one circle! she was my primary school schoolmate. i know her presence in primary school .. and i found her in year 1 through friendster. and she has technically been through 2 graduations with me as well! hahahaha.

me and the ever so cute huiyan! she always reminds me of stars cus i keep seeing her wearing her starry top. hahaha.

me and reggie veggie. the person who knows the most about me, i'd tell u. lol! love u to bits, bunz.

shopaholics. far-east-plaza lovers. lol!

me and bro. pino-chio ar?! btw, he's the best chef i'd ever known. [: and in 4 years time, we'd be in this spot but our roles switched.

Mar-tian-tian and me. omg.. mr rich kid. hahahaha. will miss you also. when can we go your house and mahjong?!

me and will~ me(asst class rep) and willie (class rep) for 5 semesters! well done! hahaha. thanks will!!! he's the one that does the photocopying of notes and doing the papers and sending us his model answers so we can survive the exams. i will not have done this well (though my GPA sucked, but would have been worse) if not for willie. thank you uncle willie!!

me and nei. nei also played a big role in my poly life (like the other boomzers, chantel and adeline). always wanna "bi dong xi 比东西" best person to draw notes on. and all the laughter from laughing at the small games we play in lecture and stuff. but forever blur as a sotong and always late. lol!! gonna miss u too. and ur mum! LOL!

us.

boomzers. wished chantel was here too. adeline has also played a big role in my life. hahahhaah. she's like, 3/4 in my poly life lor! hahaha.

Class Dac/04 of class 2010. with mr Dennis Sim. the person you can always turn to when you have problems!

and DAC/04! hopefully we'll still remain in contact and meet up like in the past. for random movies. for random chalet. i'll definitely miss you guys.

wow, i've been blogging for 3 hours. damn sleepy and tired. martin low still has a lot of my pictures. this is not the last episode. but it's just an interval.

last but not least, all the best to everybody of graduating class 2010. all the best for your future and hope that you guys will find your happiness wherever it lies or however you define it. School's out!

No comments:

Post a Comment