Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm going to post random givesmehope.com posts to jut share it with you guys.

1. "I had my first kiss today.I'm 58 and I've never been happier."

2. "Today, I was at my little bro's guitar recital.It was filled with mostly children performers until an elderly man, about 60 years old, came up on stage to perform his recital piece - a simple children's song. Even though he made multiple mistakes, he still stuck to it until the end.Knowing it's never too late to learn something new GMH."

3. "In 1938, Nicholas Winton helped 669 Jewish kids escape certain death from the Nazis. They became known as Winton's children. 22 survivors, now aged 70, went to see Winton again. He is 100 and his family of survivors has swelled to 7000. They're all alive because of him. Love and 7000 lives GMH. "

4. "A year ago, I was raped by someone I thought was a friend. Today, my three month old daughter Adria and I spent our first Christmas together. Knowing that good can come from even the worst circumstances, when you least expect it, GMH. "

5. "When I was 13, a bunch of girls decided to lock me into the gardening house. Little did they know the sprinklers poured down, drowning me, leaving me scared, wet and crying. A boy punched through the glass and carried me to the school nurse, even with a bleeding, broken hand. My now-husband's courage GMH"

6. "Today i got a text from my boyfriend instructing me to go into my bedroom for 15 minutes. When he text me to come out again, i walked into a flood of pink balloons. He told me he'd blown up all 730 of them by himself -- one for each day I've fought cancer. His amazing soul GMH."

7. "My husband is deployed and I am 2 weeks in of being a 'single' mom of 2. I was in the bathroom having a cry, since I refuse to let my kids see me upset. I walked out and my 3yr old hugged my legs, looked up at me, and said "I miss daddy too... We can cry together." My 'baby's' love for me and his Dad GMH "

No comments:

Post a Comment