Sunday, June 13, 2010

i don't think a good camera is all it takes to take a good picture. i don't think its the skills either. i know im not a photographer and judging from the quality of my pictures, i am no judge. i can't even call myself amateur. but i feel that a good picture tells a story. i feel a good photographer, should already know the story he/she wants to potray in his/her pictures and when they sucessfully deliver that story, its a success. its not really how clear or how abstract it is. i feel, an excellent photographer i would think of, is the writer of dooce.com, heather Armstrong. because the reason people made cameras in the first place was to capture those special moment. and honestly, what story does a random cup of starbucks tell? i mean, i see people taking photos of EVERYTHING, from a cup of latte to toilet signs. really? is there a story u wanna tell or is it just to show off your expensive equipment? doesn't this abuse the reason why someone made a camera anyway? hmm... just random rants. nothing much.

3 comments:

  1. Let me tell you, I woke up randomly at 5a.m. and read this.

    And I found it so FUCKING TRUE! Now I cant sleep, thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you random kid! was kinda inspired by you anyway! [:

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah because of starbucks right, and that guy on fb -.- I'm just personal LOL!

    ReplyDelete