Sunday, November 7, 2010

Social detoxification

i need social detox! well, the thing is, i've been so busy this weekend, i feel completely lost! i can't sync my life with my brains. so, i just needed this social detox. well, i just realised that this weekend has been one where i felt like a sore thumb. like, friday's little india excursion? for once, i felt like i stood out, not really in a good way cus the thing is, i've always been the chinese that belongs to the majority of the society. and sometimes mocking the minorities. and now, for once, the roles are reversed and i am the minority! so, it was really a good wake up call to not take things for granted in life. especially as a majority. yeah. and also, this weekend, my life has been filled with more kpop stuff than i would ever have encountered in my entire life! the energy in the convention hall, the enthusiasm, the way people sang along to songs of a different language together, even just a bystander, i felt the unity and togetherness of the kpop community! i could feel the vibrance of the youths and even though i knew none of the songs (except clap your hands by 2ne1) before yesterday, i still shook my head and tapped my feet along to the tunes! hahaha! nah, i think i'll almost be a convert but i wont. i still love Train and archuleta too much to change to kpop.. but i'll embrace it. in fact, shall sync "clap your hands" the moment i can!

hmmm, so anyway, yeah.. i think over this weekend, i felt lost. partly since i knew J and yeah. i've been so hooked onto texting him, it scares me because i feel quite reliant on him leh. i dont think its healthy now. so i shall also stop seeing his fb. and also, i really need to re-discover myself. these weekends have been filled with fun activities with friends. so i need some me time. hahahahah! ok! so here are the rules to my social detox:

1. delete fb for 1 week. meaning, i'll re-instate it back on next sunday [omg! even after deleting for less than half an hour, im already quite sian when i refresh my email to find theres no notificatins]

2. shall not text unless texted to. [omgggggggg. i dunno if i can do this]

3. shall not msn for this period of time

ok la. simple right. fuck fuck. my online life is richer than my real life although these days, it seems to be the other way round and im lovin' it!

i shall allow myself to blog thru mobile since its my life. hmmm. yeah. so my free times shud be occupied with lotsa radio and schoolwork and reading, i hope!

I MUST DO THIS. because i've never stuck through ANYTHING through and through before. and i must do this. yeah. ok! and i shall decline all social outings for this week de weekdays also. ok! unless i already planned something like a mugging session and someone tags along. ok! shall zip now. omg. i feel empty already. ciao!

p/s: im super proud of the girls! they did really good today although they didnt clinch top 3, but hey! they were top 10!! :D

p/p/s: im stronger than i am. :D shudnt let a guy determine my happiness level.

No comments:

Post a Comment